ABOUT ED MAHON
Over the past several years, Ed has:
- Written Transitioning the Enterprise to the Cloud: A Business Approach, which was an Amazon #1 New Release in cloud computing.
- Conducted numerous cloud workshops related to cloud strategy, cloud sourcing, cloud architecture and information technology management.
- Written many professional journal articles ranging from the use of Activity Based Costing to prepare for the cloud to how to complete a large scale IT projects on time and on budget. Mahon completed a complex three year ERP project which won two national awards, including IDG’s CIO 100 award.
- Completed a doctoral program in Management at Case Western Reserve University.
- Ed is a Fulbright Scholar and a Mendel Fellow.
- As a consultant, Ed has completed many IT strategic plans, helping companies gain the most value from their IT investments.
- Provided numerous IT conference keynote speeches.
- Cloud Workshop (2 day; 1 day; 3 hours)
Created and administered to numerous multi-national corporations on a consulting basis.
- Two Day Workshop: Designed for Technologists and used as a strategic planning exercise and development of cloud transition scenarios and use cases.
- One Day Workshop: In-depth technology review of current issues, cloud value proposition, cloud architecture and cloud marketplace.
- Three Hour Workshop: Designed for business executives and fiscal officers for their strategic assessment of the cloud as a new service delivery model.
Kent State University
- Vice President of Information Services and Chief Information Officer
The University of Missouri
- Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Computing
The University of Tennessee
- Director, Telecommunications and Network Services
- Assistant Director, Computing Center Department
- Manager, Network Services
- Supervisor, Network Hardware Engineering
- Engineer, Telecommunications Coordination
General Electric, Largo, Florida
- Doctor of Management, from the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Kent State CIO talks about his cloud ambitions, accomplishments, and his new cloud book
- A Business Approach to the Cloud
- Tying Up Loose Ends in Transitioning to the Cloud
- Transitioning the Enterprise to the Cloud: A Business Approach
- Improving Communication by Embedding IT Staff as Departmental “Business Analysts”
- Antecedents of organizational engagement:exploring vision,mood and perceived organizational support with emotional Intelligence as a moderator
- Cloud Sourcing: Consolidate suppliers or go best of breed?
- Ten Best Practices for the Cloud
- Adding a New Service-Delivery Model: The Cloud
- Cloud at Kent State University, Peer Intelligence Study
Honors & Awards
- Finalist: CIO of the Year, Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Winner: CIO 100 Award for Project Innovation
- Winner: Campus Technology Award for Innovation
- Winner: Stockholm Award for Creation of Tennessee Statewide Research Network
- Winner: Bellsouth President Award for Implementation of Tennessee Statewide Network
- Kent State University, Fulbright Scholars
- Kent State University Health Informatics Advisory Council
- Kent State University, The Center for Corporate and Professional Development
- Harvard College’s Institute for Management and Leadership in Education (MLE) Graduate School Program
- EDUCAUSE – Enterprise Information Systems and Services
- NASULGC – National Association of State University and Land Grant Colleges – Commission on Information Technology
- CIO Executive Council Research Advisory Board
- Inter-University Council of Ohio
- The Kent State University Knowledge Management Advisory Board